Pakistan Missions abroad are authorized to grant entry Work Visa to foreign expatriates on the recommendations of Board of Investment for one year (Multiple) validity, extendable on yearly basis in Pakistan. Board of Investment will process work visa applications expeditiously within four weeks and recommended to the Ministry of Interior for authorization of visa to concerned Mission.
Visa Committee under the Chairmanship of Secretary Board of Investment approves the work visa cases received in BOI through the companies working in Pakistan. Visa advice is however issued by Ministry of Interior to Pakistan Mission abroad as per recommendation of BOI, in case of fresh entry visa and to Regional Passport Offices (RPOs) in case of visa extension.
Extension of three months provisional work visa, on application, recommended by BOI would be endorsed by the RPOs instead of Ministry of Interior. Work Visas are granted to foreign technical and managerial personnel for the purpose of imparting technical know-how and skills to the local population. The duration of work visa is one to two years. As per Visa Policy cases of grant and extension of Work Visas are processed within 4 weeks by BOI.
Special Work Visa Procedure For Expatriates Working In Chinese Companies:
In order to facilitate Chinese investment in Pakistan the period for grant of work visa has been reduced from four weeks to seven working days. This facility is available for all foreign expatriates working on projects in public and private sectors by Chinese companies, which are approved by the Government of Pakistan.
The duration of Work Visa has been increased up to maximum five year.
Procedure To Apply
submission Of Application:
- Company’s covering letter stating the period of visa required and other necessary details.
- Passport’s consisting of three pages i.e, information, entry and last visa page.
- Coloured Photographs.
- Company’s Registration Certificate.
- Employment agreements.
- Confirmation/ guarantee of the credentials of the expatriates by the company on their letter head.
- Company profile.
- Work / Family visa processing fee details.
- Original / proof of Work Visa processing fee US$100 (equal in Pak rupees) for one year work visa. The amount shall be deposited in the Board of Investment PLS Account No. 44991-2 being maintained with National Bank of Pakistan, Main Branch, Civic Centre,Islamabad.
NOTE: Five sets of above documents are required to be submitted by the company except Company Profile for which 2 sets are required.
Processing Of Application
- On receipt of complete documents from sponsors, BOI examines the documents and forwards the case to the concerned stakeholders for their views / comments.
- Letter of Acknowledgement is sent to company.
Recommendation Letter To Moi
In case views / comments / report is not received within stipulated period of 04 weeks from stakeholders, BOI issues recommendation for the grant / extension of work visa to Ministry of Interior for issuance of visa advice to Pak-Missions abroad / Regional Passport Offices in Pakistan.